Sunday, September 29, 2002

Quick one today... I got to go to church with my parents this morning at the cathedral and it was great. Daddy is looking better each time I see him, and there's hardly a scar at all. Daddy also brought my acoustic with him and I consequently played it way too much today. During band practice I have consistently felt like I was learning to play guitar again, mostly because I never played much electric until now. Having my old dreadnought back in my hands made me remember my roots: bluegrass and church music. I firgured out what I'm playing for Athens: I'll Fly Away. I hope it won't be over done because of the O Brother Where Art Thou thing, but its one of the few songs I can pick and sing at the same time, and an easy one so I might be able to employ Will or Joey (if you're reading this, ah-ha!) to play with me and make me sound much better than I am. That would be great. I am so excited about it I can hardly wait. I hope its cold enough for jackets and the like!
Besides that, school continues its ever-raging quest to turn me into a hermit. Soon it shall have its way, but hey, I'll get my B.S.!
Onward toward more Cognitive psych.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive