Sunday, September 08, 2002

Ok, so I actually didn't have to go to work as it turns out. Joe (the manager) was looking at a schedule that was different from the one he sent out to us, hence the mix up. But I did get to go down there and eat a bag of chips, and on the way back I went to Matt, David, Victor and Joe's suite and acted like a Ninja and TOTALLY FLIPPED OUT WITHOUT EVEN THINKING TWICE!!!! If you find that last comment odd, click on the link that says NINJAS! on this page. Yeah.
So back to the weekend... yesterday was band practice day and, after getting up at about 1pm (sleeping in is niiiiiice) Joe and I went over to Devon's house and jammed like madmen. It was so much fun. If ever there was a practice invented that is more fun than jamming like a blind fool, I certainly don't know what it is.
After that we all went to Jim N' Nick's, a local Bar B Que place in southside. I had a turkey club sandwich the size of Cleavland, and all was good. We went there to celebrate Matt's 22nd birthday (that Matt's girlfriend Deidre so wonderfully called "Mattika: 22") and afterward we went to an Irish Pub called Killarney's. They had live music that was purty good, and they played alot of Cheiftans. During the breaks in the band an old man with bagpipes would walk rather aimlessly around the bar and play stuff like "Dixie." We played pool and were generally loud, then went back to campus and played gamecube into the wee hours of the morning. It was great.
Today I went to church with Mama, Daddy, Liz and Nick. Then we ate lunch at Padre's. It as well was very good. I have had many good eatin' times the last two days. I'll have to get some caf food soon lest my system go into shock. After dinner I rode back to Anniston with Mama and Daddy, said hello to Grandma, Grandpa and Rocky and all the cats, picked up Daisy (with new shocks and struts!) and came back here to BSC. I then started the post that I stopped very quickly.
So there is my weekend. It was a good one, I tell you. Now I'm off to read too many pages to count and try to retain it all. Take care.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive