Friday, September 20, 2002

Ah, another night hanging out at the cellar even when I'm not working there. See, the way I figure it, I'd be down here anyway, so I might as well get paid for it some of the time. So I am looking for a new amp for my band so that I can be heard along with my bandmates. Right now my little 15 watt practice amp is a bit meak compared to Joe's 50 watt and Devon's large bass amp. So I went to Mars, (the most wonderful music store around - it is as large as a super Wal-Mart, but its all instruments) and looked at amps while Carl looked at classics. I fell in love with a very large Fender Stack, but quickly grew to hate its $1500 price tag. I thought perhaps if I marked out the price and wrote "Joe's amp, you no touch" on it that they'd give it to me, but no dice. I then went a little further down the line to look at the $200-$300 dollar range (the "affordable" range, hehe) and found a few that would do quite nicely. Now all I have to do is save my paychecks for a month and not buy any shampoo or anything like that. The life of a college band is filled with many things: money is not one of them.
And that brings us to now. I'm posting from the Cellar as frat row sings thier loud songs just a few hundred yards away. This is mostly what we "indies" do. Sit in the cellar and then serve coffee and the like to the greek folks after they have become sufficiently snookered. Its not all that bad. Somtimes we eat muffins, too. Actually, its quite fun.
This weekend shall be filled with much band practicing and reading. I'm going to go have a muffin. CYA!
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive