Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Yerba Mate is the best drink ever made, along with whiskey and Guiness... and water, I. Carl has this funky South American Green Tea that has more caffine per cup than the strongest American coffee can imagine having. On days such as these when I have made myself an academic hermit (I have either been reading or typing since about 2pm) caffine is one of my best friends. I usually don't drink caffine during the day, so its even more effective when I do. I have (GASP!) eliminated coffee from my daily routine. Now I have these days when I get all hopped up, put on my pajama pants so as to discourage going out of the room, and study like they was no tomorrow. Or maybe like tomorrow is coming, and everything ever due was due tomorrow. Thats enough of the college life. I am by no means complaining! The real world is a scary, I have been told.
I got to have lunch today with my mom before I started the hermit studying. I love mama. She really does love what she's getting to do at the Cathedral. And what's more, there is an awesome Chinese buffet just across the street! That is where we went to eat. $5 gets you all you can eat, including soup and sweet cakes! The food was great, but seeing mama was better. Now I just need to go see Liz and Josh. I feel very lucky living in a city where my mom is half the week and my sister and brother-in-law are the whole time. Oh yes, very nice.
Ok, back to the lab, as it were. For all you workin' family members and friends out there, I encourage you to vicariously enjoy the sleepless night of academic debauchery I am about to enbark on. Oh so much nicer than a real job! In return, I thank you for warning me that grad school is the way to go and the warm bossom of academia is #1.
PS... The fiddler's convention is only a week and a half away!

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive