Saturday, September 21, 2002

Ok. I am in the Cellar again. But I really tried to be elsewhere today, I promise. But before that, let's talk about earlier today.
Saturday = band practice, and today was like super saturday, becasue we had "super band practice." We jammed for about 3.5 hours and ended in a combination of two songs that we had just come up with that morphed into a 15 minute drawn out acid rock type thing that we all magiclly ended at the same time. It was veeeeery nice. I think we have actually progressed from bad to much less bad in a few weeks. Its a good step. The more we practice the more we decide to not cover as many songs. More keep getting written, and I think that is nice. Enough of the band. On to this evening.
We came back on campus and I thought "In all my years of being at BSC, I have never been to a "bid day." This is when all of the new frats join up with their old frats and everyone gets chemically altered on fraternity row. I have in the past avoided this, thinking "that ain't for me." Subsequently, I have never actually spent any more time on frat row that was necessary in jogging past it while working out. I thought I would change this. So I went down with Carl and Lauren and went from house to house for awhile. Carl's little brother Chase is pledging Sigma Chi, and we tried to find him. We didn't, and suddenly I was back here at the Cellar! I honestly don't know how, but I think my legs just started to walk, saying "this ain't for you, sucka." Then I was here, typing on this computer. To bid day's defense, many new rules have been instated this year that have apparently calmed things down. Seeing as how last year's bid day party made Playboy's top 10 parties of the year list, I imagine this one was a little different. So now I'm here watching Joe and Devon play chess and generally feeling safe. I have many friends that are in frats (now Chase included) but I think that something in my brain is just not wired for dancing with many strangers in a small humid room while full of many alcohols. I know that is a stereotype, and that all frats aren't like that. I think.
Now I have ranted long enough. I'm going to look at amps online that I can't afford now. Tomorrow I'll go to church with Liz and Josh. And that's it for the Joe this saturday. I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive