Thursday, September 05, 2002

Running in the rain is fun. Today, feeling like I needed to get into being all healthy and stuff again (I have been attempting to get into a regular work-out pattern with my suitemates) I went swimming with Carl. I actually only swam three laps and then spent about 30 minutes talking to the lifeguard who is a friend of mine that I hadn't talked to in awhile. It started thundering and she told us that we needed to get out of the pool, so we did. We then promtly agreed that we needed to do more healthy things, and decided to go running. It started raining on the way back to the room, but that didn't stop us! Oh no! We ran in the rain and I felt all like Rocky and wanted at various points to start punching the air or something like that. But I didn't. After running around campus for awhile we got tired and went back to the room. After completing such a healthy activity we went straight to Rivermarket deli and ate fried grits and 8 oz. hamburgers. Counter-productive? Yes. But oh so delicious!!!!
Earlier in the day I had to go to orientation for working at the Cellar. And you know what? Valley Foods (trademark) cares about customers 100%. Also they want you to care 100%. And 100% of the time you should give 100%. And you should never, EVER put cake in your pants. That was the jist of it all. The funny part was that the actual interaction that I had with this material was through a tape-recorded messege of a tired sounding man that had little grasp on the concept of where to place stress in pronouncing a sentence. I wonDER wHat that ISZZZZ LiKe!
Thats about all.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive