Saturday, September 07, 2002

Today was a good day. For the first time in a long time, I felt like I could actually play the guitar, and so I did for about and hour before I went to work. My band (The Useless Heroes) has actually written a few original songs now, and we practice tomorrow. I have been looking forward to jamming for the entire week and, other than Uno Club, working on the band is one of the ways I really break up the week. Work was fun. It always is. I get paid to bring people coffee, play cards, and study. It is the best job ever.
My little puppy dog (who is actually now Will and Meghan's) got spade today because she isn't gong to get big enough to breed and Liebten in heat is like having the cartoon Tazmanian Devil on crack in your house. So here is to hoping that she will recover soon and resume her activities of doing such things as digging, barking, and otherwise being spastic.
Last night Nick was supposed to come by, but Valkyrie (his car) sort of blew up on the interstate. Everything is ok thankfully, and we are keeping our quota of always having a car at Southern Star. I talked to him afterward to see if he was ok, and he said he was only annoyed because he needed sleep because he had to get up at 5am this morning to jump into a pool blindfolded with full BDUs, a rucksack, and an M-16 on. That crazy kid. Here's an opportunity to say why my family is awesome, too. Mama and Daddy were there ASAP and had Valk towed back to Anniston as Josh and Liz took Nick back to T-town. I love my family.
I think I finally have a solid essay for the Rhodes. It focuses on the cognitive psychological, physiological, and philosophical aspects involved in praying the Rosary. I want to go there to get my PhD in PPP (psych, physiology, and philosophy) and however much of a long shot it actually is I think this essay is purty darn good. I will soon send it to family members for review.
Hmmmm... I think I'm going to go watch the A-team now. I used actually like five times in this post. I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive