Saturday, March 22, 2003

Twenty-two does not seem like such a large number until you have spent that many years on the earth. Yup. Today ol' Joe turns 22 on the 22nd.
I had a great night with my parents and Nick and one of his army buddies. We ate Mata's and had draught and then ate cake and had champagne. All in all a very nice night. I got to talk to Will for longer than I have in awhile. We talked about the war and guitars and all sorts of things. It makes me realize how much I miss hanging out with my family members (insert audience sigh here) and that I really need to get up the South Carolina and D.C. way.
I might actaully have an opportunity to do the D.C. part very soon. The other day I was picking up the phone to accept Alabama's offer when George Washington called. After seeing my fancy Phi Beta Kappa update they upped their offer and asked me not to accept Alabama until I had a chance to visit GW and look over their offer in full. Geez. It is really a disembodiing (is that a word?) experience to have two Grad school pretty much fighting over you. I keep waiting for someone to call and say, "yes, we just realized that you are Joe, and are sorry but we have to take our monies back. Nice try." But it hasn't happened yet. And so I keep ridding the Grad school ride, hoping that an easy answer comes and I can stop blushing so much and stuttering when fancy folks give me compliments. As I said, geez. Maybe they will figure it out that I am the Joe that once tried to hot-glue an oven handle back on after I broke it off. Oh well.
Besides that I am off to the sunny beach with my friends fro spring break. I'll be there for a week, so probably no posts. I know, I know, but it will be ok. I promise.
I hope everyone is well. Keep your thoughts / prayers / energy with those that are risking and losing their lives on both sides of this war. Noone deserves death at the hands of another human being.

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive