Thursday, March 13, 2003

I WOULD LIKE TO START THIS POST WITH A DISCLAIMER: I love myself, for that is a healthy thing. But I do not love myself as much as this post is going to sound like I do.
Over the last few weeks I have been hearing from grad schools and the like, and at the same time I have realized, "hey, Joe... you still have a lot of work to do at 'Southern." Consequently I have been what some may call "busy" and others may call "swamped." So I have decided to use this little forum to update my family and friends on my Grad School situation, so as not to sky-rocket my cell phone bill ( I spent much money on it during my grandfather's illness this last week). So here is the breakdown, folks:
This week I was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and fancy-pants honor society that makes my resume much nicer.
Two weeks ago I was accepted to Emory University, and offered full tuition and fees plus $5,000.00 a year to teach.
This week I was accepted to George Washington University and offered tution and fees plus a pending aid packeage to be determined after I fill out more paper work and...
After being accepted to Alabama a few weeks ago and being offered a nice scholarship there (full tuition and fees plus $12,500 a year) I was awarded a Dean's Merit Scholarship to 'Bama yesterday worth an extra $6,000 a year. That means full tuition, fees, and $18,500 a year as long as I stay in "good academic standing."
So that is it. I promise I will try to call all my relatives this weekend when my phone is free. And just to reiterate, this was not a braggin' page. But I did get a bit link-happy, no? Just to take the focus off me a bit, here is a random fun super happy link to follow. Enjoy!
I hope everyone is well!
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive