Monday, May 26, 2003

Wow.
It�s been a few days since I posted, but a ton has happened. I shall enumerate:
1) I graduated college. Yep, it�s Joe the Alumnus, now. Friday Mama, Daddy, Peeg, Nick and Aunt Gayna came to the Capping Ceremony, a BSC tradition where one (or tow in my case) special people symbolically give you your mortar board and put it on your head. It was wonderful. Mama and Daddy capped me. The next morning was Baccalaureate at First Methodist downtown. Daddy came, and the liberal arts education that I received became even more apparent with the variety and inclusion involved in the service. Bishop Morgan gave a beautiful sermon on being an "amateur in all things" in the original sense of the word. That is, in the sense that an amateur does things for the sheer love of doing them. Then Saturday morning was graduation, and all my blood siblings were there along with Mama and Daddy and Aunt Gayna. When I got my degree my family yelled, mostly in the Rocky voice. I looked up and made a face at them. I found where they were sitting by hearing Daddy cough. My brothers and sister know what I'm talking about. Then at the end I danced to the processional music, and many parents frowned at me. So I just swung my honor cords instead. They still frowned. Oh well. We all went to the reception and then to Mexican food. It was supa keen in more ways than can be said.
2) I moved out of the dorm. Man alive, I didn't know I could fit so much stuff in that tiny room. I have accumulated more junk in the last four years than I really knew about, and it showed when Nick helped move me out. After a few car loads earlier in the week, we filled his 940 and my 240 with no problem. Lots O' junk. And I've spent almost all of today unpacking it and setting up my room for the next two months.
3) I became the proud papa of two lab rats. Yep, Ratagast and Little Belle are living at the Chandler household until I move to T-town. They are Long-Evans strain hooded lab rats, and they rock. Little Belle is Jennifer's, and she'll get her back at the end of the summer.
Ok, that's about it. I said it was a lot, but really just three things. I'm going to go and clean some more. To all those that gave me presents for graduation, thank you many many many times. To Meghan, I hope you are feeling better. To my family, I can't wait until we get together all at once again.
I hope everyone is well
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive