Monday, April 26, 2004

This is Roy's Largest Root.

Yeah, it sounded like a punk band to me, too.

::Fresh from their tour of Europe, Scandinavia and the Subcontinent, it's ROY'S LARGEST ROOT!!!::

The name of their first album could be "No Spericity, No Worries."

Saturday (before learning about Roy's Largest Root) I was in the elevator at the library. I stopped at floor three and another guy got in. We nodded at each other using the guy nod of greetings. After a few seconds he said, "Its a damn shame to be inside on a day like today." He was right. It was indeed a beautiful day. I responded with a hearty "Yep." The elevator stopped and he got out. We nodded the guy nod of farewell.

About an hour and a half later I got back on the elevator. Again it stopped at floor three and again the nice guy who seemed to appreciate a nice day got on. He looked at me and said, "So we meet again" like he was my cartoon nemesis. Well this presented a problem to tired Joe. The comment before was positive, harmless, and a perfectly acceptable piece of small talk. But this was different. For a Chandler, any comment that brings to mind a cartoonish situation is responded to in a cartoonish way. I was tired enough that my automatic reaction almost slipped through. In my best imitation of a booming super-hero, I started to say, "YES, FOUL VILLAIN. AND NOT A MOMENT TOO SOON!" Instead I caught myself around FOUL VILLAIN, resulting in my response being "YES foul vill," with my voice trailing off with each progressing syllable. He looked at me for a moment. I shifted my feet. Then the elevator door mercifully announced "Floor One, going up" in its disturbingly disembodied female voice. We got off and went our separate ways, only to meet again on the dark streets of Gotham.

But it really was a very pretty day.

I hope everyone is well,
Peace,

Joe "stats can be fun, foul villain!." Chandler

No comments:

Blog Archive