Thursday, April 01, 2004

I had forgotten what it was like to relax until these past few days. I have not read academic type things for at least 48 hours and do not plan on doing so for at least another 12. Take that, responsible reading! Instead I have spent my time doing non-school related things. I have been "sleeping in" (read, "waking up a few minutes after 8am") and reading for "pleasure" (read, "falling asleep after making it through 4 or 5 pages of a Michael Crichton book"). I have also been paying more attention to my dreams and random thoughts. SEGWAY... I had a dream about a face-eating sandwich last night.
I enjoy subway sandwiches. They come in so many different ways, all at your command. The "sandwich artists" deserve their title more than any other fast food moniker. But what happens when you mix a Veggie Delite with a face eating monster? CHAOS OF THE HIGHEST ORDER. In my dream Jenn and I went to subway. We ordered a Veggie Delite from the sandwich artist, who happened to be a duck. But this duck was quite tall and able to make a damn fine sandwich, or so I thought. When we sat to eat, the sandwich attacked Jenn. It started to eat her face. Well I took care of that in short order, karate chopping the fiend off of her face and into the trash (I am always a Ninja in my dreams. Its assumed). Well Jenn was unhurt, so we went up to the duck and asked why such a thing would happen. He just blinked at us (can ducks blink?) and gave us our money back. Then we got into my Black 1982 Volvo 242 GT Turbo with complete recording studio in the trunk and drove off, commenting that it must have been the peppers. They'll get you if you're not careful.
I have been in Nashville now for two days and will be heading to see Nickel Creek in Athens with some of my friends tomorrow. Should be a great time. I'm off to relax a bit more, and perhaps try to remove an ink stain from a sweatshirt using the Miracle we mere mortals call Goo Gone. That stuff will get anything off of anything. Probably even a rabid sandwich off of your face. I should keep it handy next time I have such a dream.
Now I am hungry.

I hope everyone is well
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive