Saturday, January 04, 2003

So I haven't posted on my site in a long time, and for that I am very sorry. I know that the masses rely upon my witty reparte (no, I don't know how to spell that word) for entertainment, but remember, there's always boogie dancin'! So to make it up to you, here is a picture that might just make your day.
So hmmm.... oh yes. I am back in school! Interim term started yesterday and things will soon be in "the full swing" as some say. I am doing more research (such is the life of a hopefully-soon-to-be-grad-student) and that is fine with me. Applying to Grad school will also take up much time, but it will all be over in less than a month now, as the deadlines all end around the first of February. It will be nice to sit back and wait for all the rejection letters. JUST KIDDING! HA! Seriously, I know I won't get in everywhere I am applying, but then again there is always the Anniston Beauty Academy on West Noble. I can see it now, "Joe's Barber Shop, where Joe cuts Hair, not corners." Or something like that.
I have had a string of the weirdest dreams lately. Many are worth posting, but one in particular is pretty funny. The other night I couldn't sleep as I was awakened by this dream several times. (WARNING: If you are not familiar with the characters Pnutbu and Jellee, then this will neither be funny at all or make ANY sense. If you are it still might not be funny at all.) Here's the scene: My family and a few friends are having a party at this huge house that is actually the Tardis from Dr. Who. Pnutbu and Jellee are hosting. Jellee is decked out in a brown three piece suit and a bowler that has the front brim turned up. Pnutbu is wearing a Keystone Kop outfit with the hat cocked to the side, opposite his glasses. Everyone is dancing to Beck's "Tropicalia" when a robber comes in and asks for all the bread they can spare. When everyone looks at him funny he says "Ok wise guys, out with the bread!" Then Peeg and Will and Liz make funny Ninja sounds and thrust their fists forward, and start saying, "Wind, Water, Heart!" and daddy jumps up and says "By your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!" Then Peeg starts to sing the theme song, but with words that he made up to it. I cannot post all of them here, but it starts with "Captain Planet, he's a hebrew..." Yens. Anyway Daddy foils the plan and we all return to the party, with Mama leading the Charelston. Pnutbu and Jellee get "Host of The Year" awards and it makes the front page of every newspaper, with the headlines spinning up like in a movie. I always wake up then. When I go back to sleep there it is again.
Oh well. Today is band practice day. It'll be a bit toned down I imagine, since I had like a bazillion bloods drawn yesterday at the doctor's office.
I hope everyone is well. And I know she doesn't read this site, becasue she probably doesn't really knwo about it, but congratulations to Caroline! Allen is a great guy, and all this makes me feel really f-ing old.

Hope everyone is well.

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive