Sunday, January 12, 2003

During this "New Year" I have been pondering the mysteries of many "things." Of interest to this site might be the value of its name. "Hmmmm" I thought to myself, "Why does Mr. T love Buddha?" Well the answer may be more simple than you think... Mr. T often "pities the fool." Buddha, too "Pities fools" and invites them to become self-aware and encourages them to strive for enlightenment. In fact, Buddha may call us all fools (not in a disparaging way, mind you) until we are all enlightened. Mr. T wants us to "stay in school." What better way to gain knowledge than through school? And knowledge is the way to enlightenment! Mr. T might choose to use the word "sucka" many times in one episode of "The A Team." Think about what "sucka" sounds like.... you got it, SUTRA! Maybe what a frustrated Mr. T is trying to say is, "Pray the heart, mind and chakra SUTRAS!" Well, isn't he? Aren't we all. The similarities are endless I tell you.
I am in the library trying to do work. I have found that when I am trying to research lately my mind tends to wander toward things like why Mr. T loves Buddha instead of the Correspondance Bias and Spotlight Effect, which is what I should be reading about. I saw my family today, more than I usually do, anyway. Mama, Daddy, Liz, Nick and I all went to Mass and then Daddy and Nick and I went to a 'Southern basketball game. It was great. Then daddy bought me food and this awesome cup that allows you to cook most anything right in the microwave. Amazing what technology exists these days, isn't it?
Oh yeah, and Michael Jordan rocks. The Wizards have won their last 7 out of 8 and are play-off bound.
Hmmmm.... what else. Oh yeah! I think one of the funniest things in the world is the cartoon "Parsnips-a-plenty" on Homestar Runner's website. Thanks, Nick, for introducing me to that grand expanse of wasted time. Anyway, go to the site and find it under "toons." It'll be well worth your time.
Off to read I suppose.

Hope everyone is well.

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive