Saturday, December 21, 2002

Whoa. So I have not posted here in many, many days. Here is why: I have been here at home, relaxing quite a bit and applying for the Grad school. (Translation: Nick and I have been sleeping all day and playing many video games and eating whatever gets within two feet of our faces.) The other day I saw the Two Towers. It was muy grand. I stood in line forever, even after being a Super Dork and buying my ticket early on Fandango. I went with a bunch of friends (ok, ok. I have no friends. But these nice people let me tag along... and none are pressing charges!) to a huge theater in B'ham and we waited in line with many other people and it was hot. There were these two people from South America in front of us and they kept saying: "Blah blah blah blah LORD OF THE RING-Os blah blah blah." They seemed to be very very excited. At one point one of them clapped his hands like he was playing some game with himself until a very pierced gentleman in front of him asked him to stop. He said, "Hey, stop." And the South American man did.
The next day we went Christmans shopping at Antique stores around Birmingham and a few thrift stores as well. It was wonderful. All old, polite people instead of the throngs of ugly-faced shoppers fighting over who will get to eat who's souls in the line at Best Buy. I am also poor, and there are many treasures (cheap treasures!) at such shops so that I can get folks some cool stuff for the holiday. I got Nick his presents (I drew his name in the sibling draw) and they are funny. I can't mention them in case he reads here (yes, so many people read my site!) but I can say what I got him for his birthday: "The Adventures of Grillo." It is a hardbound book from 1912 that I found at the thrift store. Its about a Hobo Grasshopper. It has a picture of him on the front. Thats really the whole reason I bought it. Because I thought Nick might want a book about a giant Hobo Grasshopper.
So Will's old school, WKU, won the National Championship in football yesterday. Will called and basically screamed into the phone for like two minutes and then told us. Nick and I did "The Big Red Dance" which consists of just wobbling for a moment. Because he is a big red blob and that is all. It was great fun.
Well Nick and I are off to do some hiking around Cheaha, specifically, "Nubbin Creek." And yes, we go there for more than just the name. A few friends are coming, too. It should be grand fun.
Hopefully it won't take me a gazillion years to post again, but when you are at home and there is free food and much sleepin, the computer is one of the last things you think about. Yens.

Hope all is well,

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive