Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Here's a quick update for those of you I haven't gotten to talk to lately... remember all those posts when I talked about the Rhodes competition? Well beyond all logic and reason I got a state interview bid. The letter came in the mail the other day and my dad opened it because he thought it was a traffic ticket (it was from a magistrate judge... she's the head of the Alabama commitee) and then called me and told me the news. Its purty exciting and way beyond all my expectations of what was going to happen. 'Southen (my school) hasn't had one in like 40 years, and a friend of mine, Nick Gaskill, also got a state bid. Two BSC students in one competition. Purty neat. Thanks to all those that wrote me letters of recomendation and to Will, who got me pictures in a very short period of time, completing the application. I find out next week if I make nationals, then two days later whether I got a scholarship. I don't expect to go any farther, but it would be cool if I did. I'll keep everyone posted!

I hope everyone is well.

Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive