Wednesday, October 06, 2004

SO MUCH TO SAY.

So little coherence.

First, I will let you all know about the fate of my car, Molly. I will spare you the long version and just say that she has spent much more time with the people at Saturn of Birmingham lately than with me. Muchly much much more time. In fact, the longest I have driven my car since the start of the school year has been five days. The rest of the time she has been either sitting and waiting to go to the shop, or has indeed been in the shop. Twice she has inexplicably shut down on me in precarious situations, and that is the main reason for all of this. There was also a bad clutch repair gone wrong in there, but that is, seemingly, in the past. At this poin they have identified part of the probelm. I have a loner car right now, and have also been in contact with Saturn Coporate to talk about possible replacement of the car if they cannot nail down the problem. That is how all that is going. The loner car is nice, but is not my Molly. It has no CD player and has a considerable lack of "pizazz" and "zip" both of which I have grown accustomed to.

Second, FIDDLER'S WAS A BLAST, as always. But this year there were two things missing, in my mind at least: Will and Meghan, and Jenn. All had reasons no to be there, but all were missed. There were many people there, however, and we had a good time. I saw Jamie, Allie, David and his lady, Joey (ageless with inexplicably teenage Catlin and Adam pictures), and got to meet David's birth mother. I also saw David's parents, my parents, and Nick and Ashley. I had a nice cold that allowed me to sing like rumbly Johnny Cash Joe, and Mama sang beautifully as always. I also played dulcimer, which went as well as my current skill level will allow. Joey backed Mama and I up on everything, and a great time was had. At the traditional "Behind the White House Jam" the next day I lost my voice to the cold but gained the knowledge of how to play many Simon and Garfunkel songs thanks to Jamie. Before I left I bought Jenn a surprise, which I cannot reveal yet because she hasn't gotten it. I already miss evrybody I got to see and I look forward to next year when Will and Meghan will be back with a jammin' baby Liam and Jenn can again experience the grandness of ho apple cider and funnel cakes.

Third, I need your help in deciding if I am crazy. I am currently writing a grant with the idea of dually enrolling in a physical therapy program staring next summer while continuing to complete my PhD in conitive psych. If you think this is a bit crazy, please do let me know.

Fourth, if anyone knows a good cassarole recipe that includes chicken and cheese I would love to have it. A) I love cassarole, and B) the weather is starting to get cool enough to appriciate one coming out of the oven.

Fifth, I have a word for you: HOMOSCEDASTICITY. See, statistics can be fun.

Sixth, Julie chased her tail the other day for what must have been 15 minutes. She apparently did it once before in front of Nick and I didn't see it and so couldn't fully appreciate it. But I saw it today, and man, it was probably one of the funniest things I have ever seen. Even better than when a dog does it. The best is that she never caught it. She just got visibly tired and had to stop, scowling at her own tail while panting, obviously plotting her next move in eradicating her own appendage.

Seventh, THE END.

I hope everyone is well (to Peeg and Stacy: moshi moshi).
Peace,
Joe

No comments: