Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Imagine, if you will, a small animal that looks a little like a dog.

Its wearing a shirt that says "Work."

Now imagine that the small dog-like animal would not leave you alone no matter what you did. No treat or amount of coaxing will lead it astray. Yelling in frustration makes it get closer.

I am in that situation right now, and have been now for many weeks. Please, if you know how to get rid of this, let me know.

Outside of this unfortunate stalking, I have some thanks to hand out:
1) Thanks to Jenn for my super stylin' clothes for my birthday. I now own more stylish shirts than I think should be assigned to me, and can look more like I belong next to my beautiful girlfriend.

2) Thanks to my siblings, who got me an iPod Shuffle for my birthday. It, in one word, ROCKS. Along with my new clothes, I exert an overall style that could have many people fooled as to my actual incredible nerdiness.

3) Thanks to my Aunt Gayna, who got me a Mandolin (I have the sunburst finish) for my birthday. I have learned two songs, three chords, and one full scale. I hope to have a song or two ready for fiddler's this year so I can go on stage and pretend that I am Chris Thile.

Also, congratulations to Jenn for getting a summer job at Rocky Mountain National Park at the back-country permits office. Those are some lucky hikers, I tell you.

AND Happy Birthday to:
David
Drew
Carl

and many more to come...

Remember, if you know how to get the small dog-like creature to even let me sleep, I'll pay you like a bazillion dollars to let me know. Or a few of my canadian pennies. Whichever.

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments: