Sunday, April 10, 2005

After many moons of waiting, I got an email today from the National Science Foundation. In december I asked them for a whole bunch of money. Today they told me, ummm, no.

It seems that my application may have been disqualified on a technicality. I hope that they dismissed me on the lack of personal merit, not on whether I put my name in the right place. I have placed an inqiry. I guess I'll post when I find out.

This is all to say that I'll have to go back to selling Lemonade and picking up cans off the side of the road in order to fund graduate school. I'm not bitter. But the Lemonade might be.

Stupid academic world of jockying for money. At least with a 9 to 5 job I'd know how much I was making at the end of the day.

::sigh::

::audience laugh track lets out a big "awwwww"::

I hope everyone is well, and not at the monetary mercy of a large government agency.

Peace,
Joe

No comments: