Tuesday, March 22, 2005

They say its my birthday...

Howdy, all. 24-year-old Joe here. I wanted to post and say thanks to the many people who have already made my birthday supa keen. I had a party on Sunday (thanks Mama and Daddy and Father and Lonelle and Nick and Liz and Josh!) where I received some great books. Jenn sent me The Whites Stripes Elephant along with a CD or bluegrass renditions of many White Stripes songs (awesome!) so I would have something to open on my birthday... smart, gorgeous, AND thoughtful; whadda gurl! Then in Perception today the folks in my program had a card and cupcakes for me... they were easter cupcakes with Bunny rings, and yes, I am wearing some right now.

Good times. Peeg called me from Tomorrow this morning, too! My siblings say they have a big thing waiting for me at home this weekend for easter. Will didn't want to give it up, so it should be great!

Material things aside, the phone calls, cards, etc. have been the best. Its always a great thing to be reminded of your huge family and great friends (insert audience sigh here).

In other news, I saw a SUV with a disturbing bumper sticker yesterday. It read:

"My SUV can beat up your Prius."

I don't have time to rant right now, because its my birthday. So I encourage everyone to do so for me in the Comments section below.

Thanks again to everybody, and I hope I didn't miss anything. If I did, I'll give you a bunny cupcake.

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments: