Tuesday, April 19, 2005

White Smoke today.

I'm not sure what to think, either. God Bless the new pope. I know that his election came from a great amount of thinking, praying, and consideration of the church's direction in the future from a great many holy people.

But I point your attention to a paragraph from the above - linked article. It reads:

"In the Vatican, he (the new pope) has been the driving force behind crackdowns on liberation theology, religious pluralism, challenges to traditional moral teachings on issues such as homosexuality, and dissent on such issues as women's ordination."

Not exactly progressive. Hmmm.

His predecessor in name was influential in WWI. Here's a short description.

Being a young, western Catholic in the modern world can be a confusing thing. I wonder what will come of this new time in leadership.

Off to read...

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments: