Sunday, March 15, 2009

Crap.

Five takes is the name of a show on the Travel Channel. I have committed cryptomnesia, inadvertent plagiarism based on a breakdown of source memory, or the ability to know from where we heard something. The insidious part is that the familiarity bias, where things we encounter more often seem more positive, made the name seem really good. But it wasn't my idea. And being a psychologist allows me to give a name to my sorrow.

Suggestions for another snappy name for the book?

I hope everyone is well.

Peace, Joe

1 comment:

Tonya Chandler said...

How about adding a colon to the end? You can keep the snappy title, then add something to the end. ("Five Takes: Awesome Chandler Stories/Rest of Snappy TItle Here"). No need for the plagiarism police to come find you.