Monday, February 07, 2005

What a weekend.

Imagine the following as a headline in your local newspaper:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHANDLER DOES MORE IN TWO DAYS THAN IN THE PREVIOUS SEVEN
February 7th

Joe Chandler had a busy weekend. Starting friday night he saw his girlfriend, worked a full day @ Mercedes, drove 6 hours to South Carolina, celebrated his oldest brothers birthday and Nephew's baptism, slept (a little) and drove back home in time for a full slate of meetings and class today.

"I'm pretty tired." he said today when caught face down at his office desk.

He denied having been sleeping in his office, claiming that the long string of "aaaaaa" on the computer screen was a grant proposal, not the result of his large head laying on the keyboard.

This is the first documented case where Mr. Chandler has gotten more done in two days than in the previous seven.

When asked how he did it, Mr. Chandler responded by mumbling something that sounded like, "mmmm, ham. No, no. Just five more minutes."

It remains to be seen if he can equal that produtivity in the coming days.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All true, I tells ya. And it is a grant proposal, damnit.

I had an incredible time this weekend. Jenn and I relaxed and cooked the Matar Panir ( an Indian dish that changes each time we cook it) on Friday night. D. LISH. The next day Nick and I worked a full day at Mercedes. Yep. Now Nick is in on it, too. Sunday we drove to Anderson for a combination Will Birthday / Liam Baptism. It was a wonderful time. Great food (as always), good churchin'. Peeg and Stacy were missed, but they called that night. They went to some crazy amusment park INSIDE in Japan. I hope they post about it. Liam was awesome during the actual Baptism, and I got to stand in as Godfather proxy (Fr. Donoho couldn't make it). Its always great to see so many loved ones in one weekend. Good times.

I think I'm going to get back to my "grant" now ("aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa")

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments: