Thursday, February 17, 2005

Last night, as I squeezed the last of the toothpaste from the tube, I wondered,

"How much toothpaste is thrown away each year?"

Think about it. How many people out there really take the time to squash down the used portion of the tube until it is razor-flat just to get the very most toothpaste possible for your shopping dollar?

I know I do. But then again, I am odd in oh so many ways.
So that got me thinking about wasted toothpaste.

I bet there is someone somewhere that knows how much paste is wasted each year. Some statistician, not unlike myself, who takes pleasure in knowing such things. I bet further that this person works for some company or group that crusades against such waste. There are crusades for everything, so why not toothpaste wastage?

Maybe their name is something like People Against the Wasting of Toothpaste, or PAWT. Even better, maybe they are the Association Against the Wasting of Toothpaste, or AAWT. Say it with me, now: AAWT.

AAAAWWWTTTT.

Others obviously think like I do about these things. Just ask Stephani W.

Or those plucky folks who MAKE IT THEMSELVES.

I hope everyone is well.

Peace,
Joe

No comments: