Friday, February 11, 2005

Do you ever find yourself bargaining with inanimate objects?

Well I do.

This morning I was taking a shower (so fresh and so clean, clean) when the water started to get colder. A common event in the winter, but today I wanted to end on a warm note. So, (outloud, mind you), I said

"Hey! I need more hot water. C'mon, you know we both want this to end well."

Shocked at myself for talking with the shower I follwed up this brilliant comment with,

"Holy crap. I just talked to the shower." (Again, outloud).

At this point, two facts occured to me:

1) The shower cannot hear me. Even if it could, it probably would not speak English, more likely some sort of appliance language, whatever that may be.

2) There was no point in lamenting my attempt at communication with a shower outloud at all, since no one was there but me.

So that is the way my day started. How was yours?

I hope everyone is well,
Peace,
Joe

No comments: