Wednesday, February 18, 2004

I just got out of Stats class, and it was probably the best one I've ever had. That is because at the end of class we were talking about what to do when the Assumption that your variables have equal variance is violated. That in and of itself is useful, but the answer is what prompted the greatness of class... you must TRANSFORM THE VARIABLES.
Thats right, as soon as Jamie said that I heard Optimus Prime say, "VARIABLES, TRANSFORM!!!" and saw various statistical measures becoming trucks and other vehicles. The rest of the class (only about five minutes) I couldn't get the song out of my head. Please forgive me, but it was so funny to me that I was visibly cracking up during a discussion of distribution normality. Its ok, my classmates are used to it after half a year. So imagine the following to the tune of the Transformers Cartoon Theme Song:
TEST STATISTICS
MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE
TEST STATISTICS
DIFFERENCES DISGUISED
PARAMETRIC RAGES ITS BATTLE TO DESTROY THE EVIL FORCES OF
NON-PARAMETRIC.
::reapeat in robot voice::

VARIABLES, TRANSFORM!!!

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive