Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Thesis, Shmesis... Its Time for Giant Corn Dog on a Stick

Why hello.
Have you ever realized that paper can be used to create a time bomb?

Well I have.

Right now my thesis is ticking away on two seperate hard drives, a virtual drive, and my flash drive. I turn it in next friday, at which point it will either explode or continue to be paper. Either one. But the potential is there!

And how have I been preparing for this deadline, you may ask? Well originally I was supposed to spend the weekend in South Carolina with Will, Meghan, Liam and Liz. But Ha Liz came down with a cold and we didn't want to pass it on, so we didn't go. A great opportunity to work, right? Why Yes! So I promptly went to Big Spring Jam in Huntsville and saw the Black Crows.

Let me explain how this was work: it wasn't.

Let me explain how this was fun: in every way.

On friday I drove with Tonya up to Athens and we hung out, watched family guy, and generally did not work. Saturday we lounged around and watched the football game (ROOOLLLLLL TIIIIIDEEE!!! 4-0), then met up with Shane and Michelle to see some rockin' bands. I must say that the Black Crows continuously rocked, and that they were well complimented by some giant corn dogs on a stick eaten on the side of the road. Classy. After the show Shane and I had a classic Shane and Joe moment. What was it, you ask? Come hang out with one of us (or both of us) and the story will inevitably come up.

Anyway, Sunday we made it to Mass and dinner at O'Chaley's, where I had the most mediocre ceaser salad EVER. At O'Chaley's. Not Mass. Ummm. Yeah. On the way over, Tonya said she wanted some soup... the loaded potato soup they have. When we got there, there was no soup. Tonya was sad. And rightfully so. Instead, they had a broccoli and cheese deal, which I ordered with my salad. After an inordinately long time, the waiter came back and explained that they were out of the other soups, too. Why? Well, here you go:

WAITER: "When we ran out of potato soup they just dumped everything else out, too."

Perfect. Sense.

ALL SOUP OR NO SOUP!!! ALL SOUP OR NO SOUP!!! I didn't know that O'Chaley's was communist. It sounds Irish to me. But there you have it. Equal opportunity soup dumping.

Then they brought me my salad, and it had no croutons. I know this sounds picky, but in the description it said, "nice, crispy croutons." I wanted some crisp in my otherwise mushy salad, ok? So the nice waiter brought me a small bowl of croutons. They were stale.

The beginning of the week has been spent making up for this good time by pouinding out 12 to 14 hour days. But good news! I finished collecting MY FINAL DATA and I'll analyze it tonight, have a semi-final draft by saturday and then turn it in after Jamie's corrections next friday. The minute that last copy hits the desk I am off to Fiddler's. I can't wait. It'll be the sweetest Fiddler's ever, as I will be thesis free (at least until the formal defense on the 19th). I think I'm singing "Long Black Veil" again, since I've had no time to learn anything new.

Tick... tick... tick...

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ALL SOUP OR NO SOUP! That is my new motto.

Congrats on the almost-doneness of your thesis. Holy crap, man! When I first met you, you were still soiling your britches.*

*Not true.

But when I first met you it WAS at Fiddler's Convention. So you see, not so non sequitur after all.

Have fun at Fiddler's! Please to drink some hot apple cider for me. Also, please to buy me a purty fiddle. HEY THANKS!

Anonymous said...

YOU CAN DO IT! Hope its all going according to plan. Keep us all posted out here in cyberspace.

Anonymous said...

JOE. FINAL DATA. ROCK.

Let me know if you need some Wesley Willis to get you through.

ROCK.

Joe said...

joe-

i think that might help.

"I WHUPPED THESIS ASS!"

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Your thesis is going to rock Saddam Hussein's face off.

Editor said...

hey that's a great blog, I also have a site about online dating site
you can check it out : online dating site

Anonymous said...

To the previous 4 "people" who left comments....
Haha! You don't have souls!! You're just a computer! HAha!