Monday, September 19, 2005

I'm A Modern Classic

Two pretty funny things today. The other day a friend and fellow grad student, Henry, pointed me toward a movie test that he actually wrote online. It is quite thorough and a lot of fun (although I didn't know what many the references were to). This is how my test turned out:
New and Improved
You scored 41 Golden Classic, 60 Awesome Remake, 33 Needs No Change, and 11 Infomercial!
Wow, what a pleasant surprise. You are a remake of an incredible classic. Yet, not only do you not suck, you have really brought some new and exciting elements to the film. We are going to buy you as soon as you come out on DVD, as a matter of fact, we are going to buy the double disc set. And then should the criterion collection company release a special edition of you, we will also buy that DVD, and give the original one away to someone who we dont really care that much about, otherwise we would have bought them the new one.



My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on Golden Classic
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on Awesome Remake
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 99% on Needs No Change
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 0% on Infomercial
Link: The Gold Classic or Glitzy Remake Test written by diamondslacker on Ok Cupid


Geez, I hope that worked. Anyway, you should try it too. Look at me, I'm James Earl Jones!

Secondly, another friend and fellow grad student, Chris, sent me the following article about shaving. You don't think that would be that funny or exciting, right? No you should read this. Seriously.

http://www.theonion.com/content/node/33930

So otherwise things are pretty busy. Thesis gets turned in in three weeks!!! AHHHHH!!!!

Let me say that again. AHHHHHH!!!!!

Despite this, I am relatively unstressed. Who can say how this works? Not me. Well maybe I can, but thats for later.

Time to grade some papers.

I hope everyone is well!
Peace,
Joe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am frightened by the accuracy of this test! I was deemed "Godzilla." I don't know what that means, really, but I DO live in Japan, so, um, yes.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I was Classic but come to think of it, I think I'm a classic/artsy film connoisseur poser. I knew all the answers to the classics only because I hung out with true golden classic buffs like Lillard and the Hoogie. I would have never seen any of those movies on my own. Oh well. Another point...while most Stephen King movies are second rate cheeze.... The Shawshank Redemption was the best script of all time!!!!!
Peace out!
Carl