Monday, January 26, 2004

Rats can sometimes be quite hilarious.
I woke up this morning at 2am to the sound of my old lab rats chewing on their cage. Not an abnormal thing, as they enjoy chewing and are nocturnal. But what ensued was quite out of the ordinary.
Now as most of you know I am a little grumpy when I am tired. I usually sleep through the rat noise as I am used to it now, but they were especially loud last night. So at 2am I stumbled out of bed, switched on the light, and prepared to thump the area of the cage that they were chewing on in the hope that it might make them stop somehow. As I primed my index finger in a pre-thumping form, Little Belle (one of the rats... and no I didn't name her, Jenn did. I named the other Ratagast the Hooded. Get it? Like the Brown wizard left out of the LOTR movies. BTW they are a "hooded" strain of rats) stood on her hind legs, swayed momentarily, then looked me squarely in the eyes, and squeaked. Then she went back to chewing. As I prepared to thump again she stood up a second time, this time squeaking twice. Now I was very tired, but Little Belle is also very smart. In my somewhat odd opinion she was asking me not to thump the cage. So I didn't. She then jumped to the top of the cage, hung from a bar with her front legs like a monkey, fell down, and threw pine on Ratagast. That last part didn't have much to do with the rest of the story other than it was funny. Rat Monkey. Hehe.
Other than that small aside, school is dominating my life, as it should. Lots of reading, and lots of researching. Also, Stats.
That is all.
I hope everyone is well,
Peace,
Joe

No comments: