Wednesday, January 21, 2004

I went to the Nashville town this weekend and had a splendid (yes, I said splendid) time. Jenn and I always manage to make reading our academics stuff together into a fun thing. We spent a bunch of time at the Starbucks on 21st. They have a fire place. Also it seems that where ever we sat someone needed to plug in their lap-top. Jenn was quite obliging in the respect. I spent almost my entire Starbucks gift card that I got from Santa. It snowed. A very fine weekend indeed.
A major side bar to the weekend is the fact that when ever I go to Nashville my car comes back with either a ton of sap or a ton of bird poo all over it. I do not bother to wash my car before going to see Jenn, because I know I will need to wash it when I get back. This results from the giant trees all around her house. Beautiful, but deadly.
I got back on Monday and indeed it was time for a washing. I took Molly to the nearest car wash bay (30 seconds from our house) and gave her a good wash. Some of the poo was so stubborn it took the high pressure hose right up against it to get it off. Afterwards, I even rinsed her with the reverse-osmosis filtered low pressure spot-free rinse. Fancy. I drove her around all day all shiny and then went home. Dinner, grocery shopping, homework, sleep. Then the next day came.
I was about to leave the house when I heard an odd sound outside. I looked out and there appeared to be hundreds of dark black birds in our yard. "Cool", I thought. I got Tori and put her in front of the window. She was transfixed. I was in a good morning mood and was thinking about the awesomeness of bird migration. Really. Then when I stepped outside the day took its real course.
In our neighbor's driveway someone had parked a car that looks just like Jenn's. Now I was still a little sleepy at this point and seeing the car I got all excited and fell down the stairs. I caught myself just in time to see the wonder of bird migration poo all over my freshly poo-void car. But on the plus side, I had left John Lennon on in my CD player. It was playing "Instant Karma." That got me thinking that at some point I must have pooed on a huge flock of birds in a former life. Or birds could just hate me or something.
The rest of the day has been grand though, and I am about to eat a healthy lunch here at school that I packed for myself to cut down on driving and spending money on lunch and to streamline my time here at my office. I can't decide if this is a professional, grown up thing to do or if the peanut butter and jelly sandwich with corn chips sitting over there in my lunchbox is a true indication of my emotional age.
Either way, the sandwich will taste might good.
I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

No comments: