Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Better Late than Never

Happy Birthday to my brother Will! (On Monday). Sorry this is late, Will. But the siblings have an awesome present in store. Oh yes. You'll see.
So I realized today that I look into the windows of parked cars when I walk to my office in the mornings. I have started parking in the bigger-than-Cleavland parking deck so as to avoid parking headaches, and this affords me looks at a whole bunch of cars on the way. Why do I do this? I think its:
a) I like cars, so I look at them. But this is no explanation for why I look in them, so
b) I like to know what music people are listening to, so I look for CDs. Also,
c) Its fun to see what kind of junk folks have piled in the back of their cars. Is it clean? Are there clothes? Any old food? The other day I saw the most spotless interior in an mid-90s Mustang. The only visible object other than original car parts was a bottle a Febreeze. Now thats clean living.
Also, Spring and Winter appear to be having some sort of epic death match. One day its 75 degrees, and the next there is a winter weather advisory. I ask only this: please, would one of you let the other win? I am tired of wearing my very warm socks and then having to be all uncomfortable by mid-day what with the warm feet and all. Seriously. This is cramping my style.
I think Spring may win, though, because I am seeing much more of Pepe, Nick and my guard squirrel. He runs from under the back strairs whenever you come home, thoroughly freaking out all who enter. Pepe almost knocked me over the other day, so he's obviously gearing up for the warm weather.
I gave my first college test today, so its an exciting night of grading ahead. The students were greeted with this picture when at the top of the test as encouragement:

Beside it was the phrase: "don't think too hard, or you may end up like him. Good luck."

It got some laughs. Hooray!

Anyway, its time for Noon Mass. You'd be amazed how much resetting in the middle of the day can help your afternoon productivity.

Also napping. That helps, too.

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

1 comment:

Stacy said...

I have a bad habit of looking into house windows (from afar, like when I'm driving by or something). It's not creepy though -- I have no interest in seeing any people inside. I just like to see people's stuff and how their stuff is arranged and how they've painted their walls and hung their curtains (apparently not very well if I'm able to see inside). I feel bad about it, but it's a sickness -- I can't stop.