Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Man talk about the changes. I have so many of them lately I'm not quite sure what to do. I graduated college, I am moving into a house with my brother soon, Rocky is in heaven, I am dating someone new, going to grad school, and now... now my beloved Daisy is on her way out, too.
Let me explain. I am currently the proud owner of a 1989 Volvo 244 DL, white with blue interior. She is the supa keenest car in the history of all things, but there is a small problem. Her advanced age (14 years) and mileage (almost 185,000) do not make her the best long distance car in the world. This did not used to be a problem. I went to BSC, and everything was walkable. My parents were only an hour away. My sister was right across town. And I lived with most of my friends. So Daisy just had to be a solid, safe, in-town car. And she was! Supa keen, I tells ya. But now I am off to Gradaute School Land, where you drive to many conferences around the country many times a semester. My parents are quite a bit farther away, and my friends are now as scattered as my family, all over the eastern seaboard and southeast and Scotland (Drew!) and the like (except Nick, we will live together!). So I need a more reliable car. No problem I think! I'll just fix up Daisy! But alas, the list to get her in shape for such constant use is too long and expensive for me to even think about. So in the last few days I have worked out the purchase of a new car with my supa awesome brother/webmather/car salesperson. Peeg is getting me one heck of a deal, and I'm actually going to pay for it all myself, thanks to Saturn's 0%APR for 5 years which I surprisingly qualified for. Saturns are great cars - safe, reliable, and cool. I will, within the week, be the owner of a 2003 Saturn ION 2. It will be green, like this, with tan interior. Take a look at the features. Its quite a change for me, but a good one.
Thanks to the Peeg it will be possible, too. I've gone over it like a bazillion times and am still amazed that I can afford this. But with this financing and the money UA is giving me, I can. Wowie.
So I'm 22. Whoa.
I'm sorry this post has been all mushy and stuff, but change kind of bothers me, in that it takes lots of effort on my part to adapt to it. So yens.
I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

PS. What will happen to Daisy, you ask? Why Joe is donating her to a charity where she will be used by a needy family for safe, reliable, in-town transportation.

PPS. If you have any ideas for Joe's new car, post a comment about it. My dad has already suggested "Kermit." I will not know until I drive her, but its not bad to have ideas before hand. So let me know!

No comments:

Blog Archive