Tuesday, July 11, 2006

IT HAS BEGUN!

Well, I am back in the saddle.

Today I started teaching Social Psychology for the Summer II term here at UA. I am pumped and a bit nervous. You see, I love teaching. But this is teaching 5 days a week for 2 hours a day for the next four weeks. I am supposed to smash the whole of social psych into that alloted time. This is daunting. I can't imagine properly covering all of social psych in a normal semester, let alone in a month. But it will happen.

My class seems to be a good bunch. We got to know eachother today and set out some semester goals. Everyone seemed laid back. It was good. An unfortunate result of having dissertation hours @ 8am closely followed by office hours, then teaching, then my hours at CMHA is that I am now done with this post, as my brain is offically mush. Perhaps after I work out in a bit it will unmush. If so, I will write more then.

Suffice to say, I am busy as hell and loving it.

Yeah, I am my father's son.

I hope everyone is well.
Peace,
Joe

3 comments:

Will said...

Here is a spoon for your BRAIN!

Anonymous said...

I just hope you didn't operate under the assumption that all of your students should be spending NINE hours outside of class EVERY day on homework/reading in order to fully condense that semester's worth of work into one month as my lovely prof this past summer term did. Did ya' catch all that in the world's longest sentence that I refuse to go back and fix? Cause after spending so much time on my big preggo butt behind this computer, MY brain is mush!

Meghan

Anonymous said...

NOT MUCH!

And no, I still have fond memories of being an undergrad (not too long ago) and I try to keep the daily readings, well, managemable to say the least. And I post the lectures online. Ha! So I hope I am a good summer prof... I am sorry you had such a crappy one :(

Nice sentence, by the way!