Monday, April 07, 2003

Ok, so here are a few stories about spring break AND BEYOND....
We drove down on a saturday and it was a beautiful day. Note that for the entire trip it was gorgeous. 70 to 75 each day, no clouds, clear ocean. On the way down I talked to Amberly and she said she was not well. After she told me about her symptoms I told her to go to the ER. She did, and I spent much of the night talking to her as she went in and out for tests. She is ok now, and for that I am thankful.
After I found out all was cool with Amberly, my friends threw me a rockin' birthday party which included Drew bowing in front of me with a cake (it was D-LISH) and a bottle of Bushmills Black Bush. What a gift! As of now it is about half empty after the entire trip. It is supa keen.
The next day we went to the beach and generally had a good time. That was the pattern until the next night, when we went to a pub called Mcguire's. There I had (among other things) a drink called an Irish Wake. After a few of the, umm, shall we say, "fine drinks" I decided it would be a good idea to go down and talk to the guy playing live music. His name was Bill Kavanaugh, and he was quite good. So good was he that I bought a CD. It also could have been becasue I was (parents, don't look) drunk. Maybe. We proceeded to talk about where he was from and the fact that if I was ever in Shannon or near Donegal I should come see him. He was nice. Then we went home and I proceeded to sit down and watch the room spin. Then my guitar was in my hands! Then I fell asleep. Yep, the Irish came out in me that evening.
The next day we played a bit of football and one of my friends broke his toe. So someone got hurt besides me. But, as my dad put it, it was the "Joe effect." If I don't get hurt someon near me will.
The day we left my friend Joe and I decided that we needed to lighten the load for the way home becasue there was really not much room in the car. So we had some beer. At 9 in the morning. In the shower (not together). It was grand fun. DISCLAIMER: I was not driving home, nope. We were so concerned with giving the instruments proper room (two guitars and a cello) that Joe road with my guitar in his lap and I had to scoot my chair up until I was eating my knees for the cello. Joe's guitar sat inbetween the seats. But we all got home ok and it was a great time.
The day we got back Joe came home with me and Drew came over and we all ate pasta. (Note: this is incredible seeing as how Victor tried to kill us with pasta the night before.) Then we decided "hey, we've never been to The Peerless in Anniston, let's go." So we got there and paid 4 dollars cover for a, ummm, band. We settled into some pool when this lady who looked a bit (sarcasm here) older than us approached Joe. She proceeded to ask Joe "do you come from money?" and then hang all over him. Drew and I looked over and saw Joe looking (more sarcasm) a bit uncomfortable, and so I went over to help. She proceeded to ask my name (Bob I thought, or perhaps Pepe?) but Joe Chandler came out and I was over. She knew my dad and proceeded to adhere herself to me, very drunk, very touchy, and very not cool. As Drew and I tried to finish our game fast she knocked over my Killian's and said something like "ohw gaed, eye ayam serrorry. i'll buyey yew anober beers!" At that point Drew and I "finished" our game by putting all the balls in the pockets and tried to walk out. As I was on my way out the parent's of one of my friends from high school came up, ummm, intoxicated and asked if I was done with the pool table. I said something like "uhhhhh" and the follwed Drew and Joe as they ran out the door. Just then I was clasped on the shoulder by the young lady that had bought me a beer and asked "wheres is yew gwan? i's gotted yew a beers!" I told her politely that she could have it and we ran away. Later on we went to Drew's and hung out. There Joe said to me, "Anniston is scary." Indeed.
And that is pretty much it, without going on and on. I had a great spring break, and now its time to work for the month and a half of school I have left. For all you folks that read this site, I graduate May 24th at 3pm in the afternoon at Boutwell Auditorium. My school is small so we need a big place to do the graduating. I will be calling for invitations soon. Real invitations are expensive, so I will call on a weekend when my cell phone is free.
And that is all for the today.
I hope everyone is well!
Peace,
Joe

No comments:

Blog Archive